Friday, November 28, 2008

'Holding out for a Hero'

This song has a tendency to get stuck in my head quite often. Some days I'll end up playing it several times a day just to get lost in the daydreams. Yesterday was one of those days.

A new fantasy intruded within seconds of the first playing yesterday. I step out onto the crowded dance floor, drawn by this song that resonates with me so, and alone I start dancing. I'm not alone for long though, as my own personal hero appears from out of the crowd and grabs my hand, and soon we're dancing together so wildly that the crowd has to step back. I don't even see them as he swings me and spins me, manipulating me with strength and passion, his lips brushing my neck as our bodies crush together, his hands exploring every curve. We might as well be having sex right there on the dance floor, and before the song is half-over I'm in tears for shear joy and release.

Where's my hero?

I'm gonna go daydream again. Maybe I should join a dance class.

No comments: